[Leica] M lens vs. E-lens vs. u4/3 lens

Doug Herr wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 4 07:33:01 PDT 2015

Don Dory wrote:

>I find that the Sony's with focus peaking to be the best use of the M
>lenses, R equally as well.  The focus peaking combined with a high micro
>contrast lens combined with the very high resolution OLED finder makes it
>almost an M experience.

With the a7II I find that focus peaking isn't accurate enough, at any peaking setting there's too broad a range where it indicates peak contrast.  A lens with high micro contrast is very helpful and with practice can be as accurate as magnified focussing most of the time.  I've turned peaking off because it makes it difficult to find optimum focus.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com