[Leica] The Handmaid's Tale -- More 50mm musings

kyle cassidy on the lug leicaslacker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:01:45 PDT 2015

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2015/kyle-cassidy-handmaids-tale.jpg <http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2015/kyle-cassidy-handmaids-tale.jpg>

Leica M9, Canon Serenar 50mm f 5.6

Every once in a while I take a photo that I think is substandard and I wonder if it’s the 50mm I’m using and other times it seems to be just fine. The Handmaid’s Tale takes place in the future where most people are sterile. It’s a classic work of feminism and science fiction and a source, I’m told, of great Canadian Pride.

I used the 50 both at it’s ordinary close focus and again with the closeup adapter both of which seemed to work pretty well.

This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try and sell me your Voigtlander 50mm 1.5 m-mount.

Thoughts?