[Leica] URL: OT lens testing

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Wed Oct 28 08:25:36 PDT 2015

On Oct 27, 2015, at 10:26 PM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> Oh there were film loading issues that could bite you too.
>
> And then there were all the gotchas that came with processing film.
>
> Adam
>
>> On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:
>>
>> I agree, George.  When I started out in 1952 with a Leica IIIa and Elmar 50/3.5, the only stupid mistake one could make was to fail to extend the lens!

Quite true Adam.

Though all those tasks and processes
also determine the level of craftsmanship
to be discovered within a finished photographic work.

also the use of mind instead of computers;
including experience and intuitions.

…just reminiscences of decades past
when we had a simple lens and shutter
on one end of a dark box