[Leica] BIG new Leica

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Mon Oct 26 13:53:59 PDT 2015

On Oct 24, 2015, at 5:04 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> That is very true. There is no point in a tripod when you are shooting
> people who are moving - and that's what I shoot!  If I did landscapes, a
> tripod would be essential.  I totally agree.
>
> Tina
>
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>> The difference between taking mostly people shots and landscapes shots is
>> that the rocks don't move.  Rocks usually do not require immediate
>> spontaneous image clicks.    Setup time is available.  In which case, why
>> not a tripod?  ( there are always situations, but it is a generalization)
>> rocks don't move!

Not necessarily true.
Objects moving in front of the camera (people, critters, flora in wind, water, et al)
qualify as one sort of motion;
and may move across the image plane horizontally, vertically, diagonally or towards the camera.

Camera movement qualifies as another variable in the mix with the same variety of motions.

When you add camera movement to subject movement you're multiplying potential motions and their effects.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog