[Leica] Leica SL and maybe the design inspiration?

Doug Herr wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 21 12:11:51 PDT 2015

Frank Dernie wrote:

As an engineering designer used to designing for small production runs (but much smaller than Leica) I doubt a stylist has been used. The SL looks to me something which has entirely been designed to be inexpensively NC machined from solid since the projected production volume almost certainly would not have been able to fund the tooling for diecasting.
<<<

I'm almost certain I read that it's machined from a solid block of aluminum like the T is.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com