[Leica] Test of a Sonnetar 50mm

lluisripollphotography lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:03:01 PDT 2015

Gerry, Geoff, Jim, Peter Klein, Ric

Thank you very much for looking and for your comments, I want clarify I don’t own this lens, I’ve just test one from a friend while we was together sharing a drink in our Thursday photographic meetings.

It is not easy to focus it at 1.1 and I have no experience adjusting the focus shift as Peter says, my friend has said me he has his lens adjusted for the distance  of 4 meters, I have tested it as well at 1.4 against my Summilux 50mm v2, I have better focused at 1.1 than at 1.4, I think that at 1.4 my old Summilux is the winner, my friend has do the test too and said me the same. The thing I’m not totally convinced is by the “bokeh” I like better the one of the Noctilux 1:0 but it is much more expensive and bigger.

Gerry you can found the lens at MS Optical Co., Breguet Camera is a seller of this lens, MS Optical are announced I think as “Camera Hunter” they manufacture too the lenses PERAR in 35mm, 28mm and I think 21mm too, really small lenses.

Cheers
Lluis

El 16/10/2015, a les 10.31, Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at icloud.com> va escriure: