[Leica] George: M8 IR Different filters

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Sun Nov 29 19:22:41 PST 2015

On Nov 29, 2015, at 9:15 PM, Paul Roark wrote:

> Interestingly, George, I'm interested in replicating the M8's spectral
> response with the Sony a7r by using the Kolori astrophotography cover
> glass.  It's a close match to my favorite B&W film -- Technical Pan.
>
> Did you ever have occasion to see a graph of the M8's spectral response?

No. I haven't Paul. Have you?

All I know is that the sensor exhibits enough IR sensitivity
to have it significantly effect the image;
when lenses are used without the IR/UV cut off filters.

(and Frank, I also would not wish to lose the micro lenses on the existing cover glass)

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog