[Leica] OT Lighroom 6 export problem

Aram Langhans leica_r8 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:05:00 PST 2015

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem since upgrading to
either 6.2.1 or 6.3. I am trying to export a slideshow as a video.  I have
done this many times in older versions all the way up to 6.1.1.  It works
well.  When I upgraded to 6.2.1, I can no longer do this.  It gets perhaps
10% through the process and then LR just shuts itself down.  Bye bye.  It
does not matter how long the video is, or what resolution I am using.  I
posted a message on the Adobe forum, and have tried all they suggested, like
resetting the preferences, unchecking the graphics processor option, running
as an administrator and maybe a few others.  Nada.  I backed up to 6.1.1 and
all was well again.  When 6.3 came out I gave that a try to see if the
problem was fixed.   Nope.  Still shuts down.

So I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  Perhaps you have
never tried to export a video slide show.  I you have not, perhaps you are
curious enough to see if you can with your version of LR.  Just choose a few
dozen photos in a small directory or in the quick collection and give it a
try.  I am dying to find out if I am an isolated case or if they introduced
another "feature" when they went to 6.2.1 or 6.3.

I am using the stand alone version in Windows 10 platform.

Thanks in advance.

Aram

Aram Langhans

(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson