[Leica] my 35mm stopped focusing .. what's going on?

kyle cassidy on the lug leicaslacker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 06:51:47 PST 2015

Hola folks — after years of trusty service, my voigtlander 35mm 1.7 ultron just … stopped focusing. the ring turns, the rangefinders move in the camera but the focus doesn’t change in the photo. other lenses focus.

i took the lens off the camera and turned the focusing ring, and things seemed to move as they ought — there’s nothing i can tell that fell off inside the camera. does this happen?

ALSO, possibly related, I’ve notice some play in the front part of the lens that I’m not sure was always there, like if you grip the lens shade and wiggle the front bit of the lens will move a small amount. i can’t remember if it did that before.

thoughts? advice?

I HAVE A SPANNER WRENCH MAKE ME DANGEROUS.

kc