[Leica] M6 exposure meter problem

Bryk Oliver oliverbryk at comcast.net
Sat Nov 14 09:31:46 PST 2015

John wrote:

"How does the film look up to the light?
John - who never uses AUTO”

Please help me refresh my memory. What am I looking for?

I haven’t done any wet chemistry darkroom work since 1975.

Sonny wrote:

"Are you certain it is an M6?  They don't have an auto shutter.
from my iPad
Sonny Carter”

My apologies; at 87 i occasionally mix things up.

It is definitely an M6 but I meant the match needle display in the viewfinder that indicates correct exposure when two red triangles point at each other.

Thank you both for your comments!

Oliver

PS I replaced the batteries about two months ago and I’m usually careful about turning the meter off when I finish a session. Perhaps I should make a comparison gray card reading with a new battery before testing whether the meter is at fault.