[Leica] Craig Semetko Interview

Ken Lassiter kenlass at gate.net
Fri May 22 14:00:36 PDT 2015

Craig Semetko Interview in Photographer’s Forum

The Summer Issue of Photographers Forum Magazine is out and contains an interview with Leica street photographer Craig Semetko. Last year, LUG member John Lee suggested that I interview Craig so  Idi and it is published. Here is a PDF of the magazine: http://pfmagazine.codm/PF_vol37_no3_2015_Summer.pdf

Previous Leica photographers I have interviewed include Sam Abell, William Albert Allard, Kyle Cassidy, Chien-Chi Chang of Magnum, Ben Fernandez, Donna Ferrato, Ted Grant, Chris Johns, Tina Manley, Gary Monroe, Sebastião Salgado, Maggie Steber, and now Craig Semetko. In all, I have written 57 interviews with photographers since 1994. My next assignments include: MaryAnn Golon, Picture Editor of The Washington Post, Clyde Butcher known in Florida as the Ansel Adams of the Everglades and Leica photographer David Allen Harvey.

I met Craig when he spoke at the Leica store in Miami last fall. You will enjoy the story of how he acquired his first Leica. Copies of the magazine can be ordered online at http://pfmagazine.com/. Copies can also be found in many better bookstores that carry extensive arrays of magazines.

Ken Lassiter