[Leica] Mother's Day This Year

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Thu May 7 10:28:47 PDT 2015

I have always admired Nathan's faithfulness in visiting the graves of
his parents.  This year, after losing my wife at the end of February, it
was a race against time and the weather to get a marker and flowers in
place by Mother's Day.  Today, with three days to spare, I finished the
task.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Marker+B_amp_W.JPG.html

There is quite a difference in the imposing markers and statuary that
Nathan captures on his visits, and the simple, easy maintenance designs
of a modern, rural cemetery.  But, it is close at hand, and contains a
lot of friends and acquaintances that I recall as I walk about.  And it
is perpetually maintained.  Donna has joined two other family members
whom she loved very much.  And  all the kids have to do when I'm gone is
to add a date plate.