[Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part

Frank Filippone red735i at verizon.net
Fri Mar 20 07:19:38 PDT 2015

Certainly NOT my intent.  I enjoy looking at travel pictures... Yours, especially, but also Nathan's and Jay's, to name just 2.  I mentioned the issue with the colors, only because I felt there was something amiss with what I thought the public at large would have seen.  Now that I understand the point of showing the particular pictures for content and comsposition, I understand that my comment was out of place.

I apologize for interfering with your image flow.

Please do not stop posting: Viewing them is my way of going with you, vicariously, to many parts of the world I will never see.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

But now it doesn't look like dawn which was the whole point to me.

I have fallen into the trap, again, of trying to adjust my photos to please everyone.  I will never get through 16,000 edits at this rate.  Right now, all I am doing is going through the photos as quickly as I can and selecting those which might merit more detailed work later. I hit Auto in LR to get in the ballpark.  LR adjustments are non-destructive and I can go back to the untouched photo at any time.  I post the ones I am considering and hope for comments on the content and/or composition.  Anything to do with white balance, exposure, lifting shadows, suppressing highlights, contrast, spotting, sharpening can and will be done much later, after I have finished all of the editing.

Maybe I should just post the photos straight from LR with no adjustments at all?  Or maybe I should just not post them at all.  It's too discouraging and demoralizing.

Thank you,

Tina