[Leica] Lens hood won't stay on

David Degner degner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:49:58 PST 2015

Thanks for all the replies, I’ll try to buy a used lens shade, hopefully a screw-on one.  Shipping to Egypt is a b****.  Can you believe I forgot that all these secondary accessories existed?

Just to clarify I had my original lens serviced in Germany, and they gave me a loaner, neither could hold a lens shade.  Leica was also nice enough to give me 3 replacement lens shades.  Unfortunately I’m on my last one.

The video was shot and edited on my iPhone, ain’t it amazing what those things can do?

For anyone in Canada, pick up the coming issue of “Maclean’s” to see a 6 page spread I just shot on the 240.  For those who are subscribed to “Smithsonian” keep an eye out for a story about ancient Egypt.

Best,
David