[Leica] Dante's Image 132 -DAS

Dante Stella dstella1 at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 28 06:39:10 PDT 2015

It felt a little funny to me since I’d been using an M 240 for the preceding two years. I was also anticipating lockups (which never happened). But the new Monochrom is supposed to behave like the M 240. One thing is for sure: you have to take it on faith that things are in focus. The processor in that camera is in no holy hurry.

Of the two items I borrowed, I was less impressed with the WATE. Stiff focusing, if you want correct metadata you have to switch codes manually, distortion that can be a touch challenging. Had I the presence of mind, I should have asked for the Super Elmar 18.