[Leica] OT New Apple software

Jeff Moore jbmmllug at jbm.org
Mon Jun 22 13:43:01 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Larry Zeitlin via LUG
<lug at leica-users.org> wrote:
> Remember, Yosemite is available now for free at the App Store. El Capitan will be available for downloading in the fall. The more apps and features you have on a computer, the slower it runs. Yosemite is a nice program but it is no speed demon. El Capitan should speed it up a bit. Still my personal preference for a Mac OS is Snow Leopard. It is reliable, fast, and I know how to use it. Too bad not much new stuff is made for it any more.

Yeah - I consider Snow Leopard to have been a high point, as well -
mostly because that release cycle was primarily dedicated to improving
performance, making existing features smaller and faster rather than
adding a bunch of new features.  And they succeeded - Snow Leopard was
snappier and indeed actually smaller than 10.5.

This is why I'm cautiously (very cautiously) optimistic about El
Capitan: it's slated to be a "consolidation" rather than "feature"
release.

    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/06/preview-os-x-el-capitans-first-beta-is-a-promising-heap-of-refinements/

I have come to prefer consolidation releases.