[Leica] IMG: Beech King Air 350 Detailed Image - Chris T.

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Tue Jun 16 17:53:05 PDT 2015

Thanks, Herb.  I'm not sure anyone has paper charts any more. Everyone
seems to use electronic charts  and GPS routing.  The current Palo Alto
Ground Control frequency is 125.0 (0700-2100).

My experience is similar to yours.  Endocarditis in 1993 resulted in the
installation of 2 mechanical heart valves.  FAA said I could apply, but
they had never approved 2 devices.  Apparently one would have given me
some hope.  Because the valves required me to be on Coumadin forever, an
accident with resulting cuts could have had dangerous results.  I just
gave it up, but still have full access to the local airport, because I
flew there for 35 years.  I used to exercise by walking the
out-of-the-way taxiways.  Now, I just walk the long ramp.  I find
friends to talk with, and occasional photo opportunities.