[Leica] The Q Leica

Doug Herr wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 13 04:52:40 PDT 2015

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> The Q Leica in the past 48 hours has been a major smash in all the major
> photo web sources with numerous in depth reviews and opinions on a real
> milestone event in he photo industry on the LUG the focus on the Q Leica
> thread seems to be "I cant wait to see what the EVF and focus peaking  is
> going to look like on the new Sony mirrorless piece of junk whatever and
> whenever that might be".

Mark, since the Q doesn't allow changing lenses it isn't useful to me.  Neither is it useful to those who want to use their Leica rangefinder lenses on a digital camera.  Sony's a7-series cameras are one of several ways (including one of the several digital Leica M bodies) one might use rangefinder lenses; the Nikons you frequently praise on this list are not.

As I have mentioned on a few other forums a Q with interchangeable lenses and an adapter to use R lenses would open my checkbook.  As I figure it using my lenses on a 'piece of junk' that I can afford to purchase and maintain beats not using them.

How are you using your M lenses?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com