[Leica] "new" equipment

Sonny Carter sonc.hegr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:24:04 PDT 2015

Doug, I'm not sure what you mean by refresh.

 My A7s evf is like watching HD TV on a small scale.

I remember the day I opened my A7r, I wondered if I had made a mistake when the camera was so small.  When I powered it up, and looked into the VF, it was breathtaking.

I come from a TV background, so I'm accustomed to EVF.

The live view, to me is spectacular in comparison to Leica and Olympus solutions.  I've never seen a Fuji, so I can't compare, but as you pointed out, it would not meet certain needs.

I've only experienced silent mode banding in fluorescent light or dealing with monitors, but I rarely shoot fast speeds as I take advantage of the high ISO capability, and it doesn't affect my work as it might yours.  I'm in silent most of the time, though my A7s is far quieter than the A7r in normal mode.

I'm on the fence about adding the A7r2 to my bag, as my M9 is visiting New Jersey.  I won't be going to the M; it just can't play happily in my sandbox like the Sony A x models.

Funny, it was a remark you made, if I recall that turned my attention to these cameras.

 Here in the boonies, you have to make leap of faith since the closest stocking store of most anything is nearly five hours away.  It's always like getting a mail order bride, getting a new camera!

from my iPad

Sonny Carter

>>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/laridae/hydroprogne/catern00.html