[Leica] IMGs: Photographers meeting in coffee shops…

Henning Wulff henningw at archiphoto.com
Sun Jul 12 23:38:41 PDT 2015

A nice article and series. I pretty much agree with Nathan’s comments, but on the other hand, in this kind of series and setting, I do like to see all or most of the participants.

‘In a coffee shop with photographers’ certainly rings a bell here in Vancouver, where at present there is the Zen Cafe breakfast gathering every Friday morning going on 25 years, and another Tuesday afternoon gathering at another casual restaurant that doesn’t mind a group taking up a large table for an indefinite period. Participants include full time photographers, former photojournalists and other professional photographers, camera store employees/participants and every form of photo enthusiast. Some days we actually talk about photography :-).

Odd bits of photographica often shows up as some of the participants (me included) have  been involved in the sport for 60 years or even more. I haven’t seen an extinction meter in a while, though except on a shelf in a collection.

Henning