[Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography

Sonny Carter sonc.hegr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:26:10 PDT 2015

Frank wrote:

> It also made me realize, again, why showing off your images to others is a
> major mistake.

I'm not sure why one would go to the effort of owning a camera, making images if the goal is not to show someone else what you saw in that "augenblick" in time.

It seems to me this thread has been pretty harsh on a young photographer who gained modest success by coming up by standing in a typhoon, coming up with a cohesive theme and following through.  Contrary to some of the remarks here, several of the shots are pretty dang good in composition and drew me in.  I'm really happy I looked at them before I read the thread.

She saw something and wanted to share it.

This whole thread sounds like a bunch of jealous old farts who own too much gear and post too few pictures.

Sonny
From my iPad

And I've posted some crap here in the past, but also some good ones