[Leica] Konost "Leica"

lrzeitlin at aol.com lrzeitlin at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 12:08:02 PST 2015

 Don't knock the idea of a simplified all electronic Leica. With current technology it is MUCH cheaper to do things digitally than with precision made optics and mechanical parts. An all electronic rangefinder sounds great. No cams, prisms, movable parts. Less expense. There is no shortage of sensor manufacturers. Numerous approaches to doing away with microlenses have been offered. Some on this very list. Remember a camera is just a box with a lens on one side and a sensor on the other. Almost every thing else is negotiable. Leica doesn't have a lock on all the good optical and electronic engineers in the world. I am told that there are a few in Japan, the US, and maybe even in Australia.
Larry Z
- - -
This looks very interesting.
M lens mount.
No unnecessary buttons.
I really like the all digital rangefinder concept - no mirror, no?
calibration worries.

http://konost.com/

http://photorumors.com/2015/02/23/konost-ff-is-a-full-frame-digital-rangefinder-camera-that-seeks-funding/