[Leica] Primate Exhibit

Sonny Carter sonc.hegr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:25:44 PST 2015

That elevates it over a sunset, where as my friend Lyle Bonge used to say, "God did a nice job on that shot."

My comment reflects that even the composition is controlled by the exhibit designer, as you can look at it with limited access points; only where he wants you to look.

By the way, it helped the image to keep the skylight in frame.

I still like it even after you divulged the setup; I thought it was lucky timing on the flash.  I'll have to remember that flashlight trick.  ;-)

from my iPad

Sonny Carter

> On Feb 23, 2015, at 7:10 AM, Leowesson <leowesson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sonny,
>
> I have to confess, I set the shot up.  I sent the kids down to the window with my iPhone and told them to shine the flashlight on each other.  The shot needed something and that was my attempt to resolve the problem.
>

> Leo Wesson
> leowesson.com
>
>> On Feb 23, 2015, at 06:48, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I like it; love the textures and composition.  I know this is a weird comparison, but the image strikes me something like a good sunset shot. That is that about the only things the photographer can take credit for is the moment he chose to snap the picture and the image exposure.
>>
>> The picture would be pretty much a zoo shot if the apes on the right were standing and evident, and the primates in the window just looking, instead of deciding on the same moment as Leo to fire their flash camera.
>>
>> My guess is Leo's image is far better than the other photographer's.
>>
>> I wish I had a larger monitor to see this, but I'm home as we're awaiting winter weather including ice, snow and freezing rain in Natchitoches.
>>
>> I'd rather be at a nice warm zoo.
>>
>> from my iPad
>>
>> Sonny Carter
>>
>>> On Feb 22, 2015, at 8:58 PM, Leo Wesson <leowesson at gmail.com> wrote: