[Leica] Elder Prostate Wisdom

Douglas Nygren douglasnygren at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 03:58:25 PST 2015

One of my doctors told me that every man's prostate will eventually kill him. If we could live forever, our prostates would do us in nevertheless.
That said, I read somewhere, if I am not mistaken, that the doctor who invented the PSA no longer believes in it.
I reported such to my doctor who nevertheless thinks the test is a good idea.
"In tests we believe," should be printed on the dollar bill. It's like military weapons in the hands of the police. If you've got them, you've got to use them.
If you don't test and the patient gets prostate cancer, you are liable, I would guess.
If your PSA gives a false alarms, your doctor is not in danger of being sued.
Personally, I abide by what the U.S. Surgeon General may have said, namely, Science has proven that life is hazardous to your health.
BTW, I do get my PSA checked.
Cheers?? Doug