[Leica] Bald Eagle Ketchikan Wildlife Sanctary

H&ECummer cummer at netvigator.com
Tue Dec 22 05:27:23 PST 2015

Hi Luggers,
In Ketchikan we visited the Wildlife Sanctuary. There they had a Bald Eagle with
a broken rear talon on one leg - meaning she couldn’t hold on to captured food.
She was picked up on a roadside near death from starvation. She has been nursed
back to health but cannot be released back into the wild because the talon can’t be
mended. So she is one of the prime attractions and available for short periods of time
for portraits. Here’s mine:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/Eagle8112.jpg.html <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/Eagle8112.jpg.html>>

Please view large. C&C always welcome.

Howard

PS: I had a gallery show at the Talisman bookstore on Pender Island this summer and this photo was the best seller!