[Leica] Dutch Harbour resent

H&ECummer cummer at netvigator.com
Sat Dec 19 19:47:41 PST 2015

Hello again,

I am resending this message as the first sending seems to have been truncated in transmission.
Hope this goes through okay.

From Russia land fall was at Dutch Harbor. Here is the Crystal Symphony docked at Dutch Harbor.
Desolate comes to mind as a description:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/3panVertDHCS.jpg.html <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/3panVertDHCS.jpg.html>>

The Russian Orthodox Church still has a strong influence up and down the Alaskan coast.
The Russians translated the bible into the local Indian dialects and didn’t suppress local
language and customs and still has a strong following among native Americans in Alaska. We weren’t allowed
to go into the church but here is an outside view. Note the eagle on top of the cross on the dome:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/HlyAcensionCath.jpg.html <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/HlyAcensionCath.jpg.html>>

Please view large. C&C always welcome.

Howard