[Leica] Constellation planes

lrzeitlin at aol.com lrzeitlin at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 07:37:32 PST 2015

 In the late 50s the Constellations flown by United were renamed “Jetstreams” to fool the public into thinking that they were competition for the real jet aircraft used by some other airlines for travel between NY and Los Angeles. Most of us frequent flyers didn’t mid too much. In the days of free cocktails a tired businessman could board in LA at dusk, recline in his seat and drink to his heart’s content, and awaken eight hours later in New York ready for a day’s work. Albeit with a considerable hangover. I have a walnut plaque on my wall with a lot of stars on it, each one representing 50,000 miles of drunken air travel.
Larry Z