[Leica] I'm back!

H&ECummer cummer at netvigator.com
Fri Dec 11 02:30:43 PST 2015

Hello Luggers,
I’m back!! After over a six month break - where did the summer go??? - I have signed back on to the LUG.
From time to time over the summer I have delved into the archives to catch up and enjoy the many excellent
posted photos as well as to chuckle over the occasional squabble.

When I left off I was cruising on the Crystal Symphony from Tokyo to Vancouver with several stops along the way.
It was an 18 day cruise and the damage done to my waist line still has not been completely repaired although
there has been some progress.

Our first stop out of Tokyo was Aomori Japan and we visited Hirosaki Castle to take in the Sakura. I have been chasing the
Cherry Blossoms in Japan for years and have either arrived too late or two early but this time - late April - we hit the height of the blossom
season right on:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/2PanHiroMoat.jpg.html>

Hirosaki Castle was constructed in 1611. It was the seat of the Tsugaru clan, a 47,000 koku tozama daimyō clan who ruled over Hirosaki Domain, Mutsu Province, in what is now central Hirosaki, Aomori Prefecture, Japan.

From Aomori we continued out into the Sea of Japan and I caught this sunset with a seagull in the frame. You can see why the rising sun (0r in this case the setting sun) is such a symbol of Japan.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/2panseagullsunset.jpg.html>

Both pictures were taken with a Nikon D4 and the big but useful 80 - 400 VR zoom which I hauled along in anticipation of the wild life photo
opportunities in Alaska. For on board photos I tended to use the Fuji XT 1 and (mostly) the wonderful 35mm f1.4.

Please view the photos enlarged and enjoy.

Cheers

Howard (now in Hong Kong for the holidays).