[Leica] Buying Leica gear from Hong Kong

BRUCE bruceslomovitz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 18:45:33 PST 2015

For what it's worth, I registered the black M-P body which I purchased from BreguetCamera in Hong Kong on the Leica website. The serial number was accepted.

I also compared it in detail to the M-P Safari body which I own. Of course the color is different. Also, the Safari top plate has inscribed on the back (not on the top) "Made in Germany". But I have looked at M-P bodies on eBay and I think this is normal. I have looked inside at everything that is accessible and I honestly can't see any indication that this is anything but a genuine Leica M-P camera body. And I agree with what another member said that this is too complex to fake.

But I really do wonder how they can sell it so cheap. Anyone have any ideas concerning this?

Thanks all for your input.

Bruce R. Slomovitz
(843) 327-7290