[Leica] Minor additional woe

Herbert Kanner kanner at acm.org
Thu Aug 6 16:20:56 PDT 2015

As soon as I installed the new firmware in my M, the “info” button produced, in additional to the standard information, an ominous message in red: “Check battery age”.

I called Leica tech support, my theory, in view of the expired firmware, being that they sent me a camera that had been sitting a long time on the shelf. But the tech guy said that the M (240) had not been in existence long enough for a battery to elicit that message. (I wonder that what battery characteristic the firmware is measuring). So he is fielding my complaint to the marketing people and I await a phone call.

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204