[Leica] IMGs: Sunday: First (relatively) serious walk since moving to our new location.

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Tue Apr 28 08:51:45 PDT 2015

On Apr 27, 2015, at 7:30 PM, Douglas Barry wrote:

> Nice sun and colour George. Amazing that there's no provision for walking alongside the road in a town. You are in a town?
>
> Douglas
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "George Lottermoser" <george.imagist at icloud.com>

Not really "in" town.
Sitting on 1.5 acres
with a cornfield and red barn to the South
a cornfield and chicken coop to the West
a hay and/or alfalfa filed to the East
and another cornfield and pole building to the North

4 miles West of downtown Cedarburg (population 11,475 (2013)
5 - 6 miles North of downtown Germantown (population 19,788 (2013)

Surrounded by farms, farmettes, suburban "subdivisions"
The subdivisions developed in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and even into the 80s did not plan pedestrian walk ways;
or bike paths.
During the 80s I and other cycling enthusiasts lobbied long and hard to get safe bike and pedestrian lanes and paths.
The most recent subdivisions have reintroduced sidewalks.
The bike lanes continue to be problematic; as they can disappear quite suddenly;
which causes "drivers" to not know what to do with a cyclist now in the auto lanes.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog