[Leica] OT: Health Report

Bryk Oliver oliverbryk at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 12:44:32 PDT 2015

Hello Herb,

as a fellow prostate cancer patient I am happy to read of your good news. An unexpected benefit of my needle biopsy was the discovery of a pelvic fracture. When I saw the head of oncological ortopaedics he said, “come back in three months; let’s give mother nature a chance to heal.” When I asked whether I could continue my physical therapy exercises he said, “if it hurts stop doing it.” Three months later the fracture had healed. I have a blood draw every three months; PSA is undetectable because Testosterone is suppressed by an injection of Lupron Depot every three months. The lack of Testosterone has many unwelcome effects but my prostate cancer is a “stable disease”.

Hang in there,

Oliver