[Leica] IMG: Alice's Restaurant

Bryk Oliver oliverbryk at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 16:33:45 PDT 2015

Hello Herb,

your picture brings back fond memories. In 1960 I lived for a while with a friend in Skylonda, just down the hill on CA84 from Alice’s Restaurant. I had gone to work at Philco WDL (soon to be acquired by Ford Aeronutronics) in Mountain View.

Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters were living in La Honda, down the hill on 84 toward the coast; the Further bus   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Further_%28bus%29   was parked prominently in front of their abode. Pleasant fumes were in the air.

My wife and I occasionally drive down to Alice’s for a hearty meal and to enjoy the scenery along the way.

Sei gesund,

Oliver

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OBRYK/SF_Bay_Area/L1012438.JPG.html