[Leica] Is photography art?

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Mon Apr 6 10:03:01 PDT 2015

On Apr 6, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Steve Barbour wrote:

> We came up with the notion, the conclusion that Art is whatever the maker ie the artist,  refers to as Art.
> n’est-ce pas?

This does not serve as a useful definition of Art (or Artist) for me.

Historical, cultural, and aesthetic criteria do exist
to help us define and understand both Art Objects and the Artists who produce them.
Just as criteria exist to help us define and understand good science and medicine;
and the scientists and M.D.s that practice those crafts.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog