[Leica] I figured out how to adapt any LTM 50mm into a dual range lens - cheap & fast

kyle cassidy on the LUG leicaslacker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 07:43:11 PST 2014

I’d posted a while ago asking if anybody had any thoughts about filing down the threads on a 50mm to allow the focus coupling to travel further on lenses that’s close focus was limited to a meter.  Kicking the idea around a little, I’ve come up with a modification which will work with any LTM 50mm  and doesn’t require grinding or altering the lens. It allows close focusing to about half a meter (haven’t checked exactly) — I have before and after close focusing images plus instructions here:

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/802756.html

I’d been kicking around the idea of getting a voigtlander nokton 1.5 — the LTM ones are cheap, like $400, but the new bayonet mount ones are like $900 and as far as I can tell, the only significant difference is that the bayonet mount ones close focus to .7 meters.

How many of you still use a LTM mount 50mm?