[Leica] Modifying LTM lenses for close focus

kyle cassidy on the lug leicaslacker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 09:07:20 PST 2014

Hi folks —

I was in the market for a new 50mm almost solely-entirely because the newer lenses focus to .7m instead of 1m, but I notice many somewhat cryptic references to modifications to LTM lenses what will allow them to close focus. I’m wondering if there’s anybody who just _does_ this, so I don’t have to buy a dremel, or if there’s anybody with good instructions on how to do it so I can just go ahead and buy a dremel. all of the step-by-steps i’ve found have the photos expired. tauntingly.

It seems to be just removing the close-focus stop screw and grinding out a bit of the threads so that the focus coupling doesn’t hit them, but I’m not sure how to find that exact spot.

Idears?

Kyle