[Leica] How to take gear long-haul

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Mon Nov 24 21:39:52 PST 2014

Peter: I have a pair of Leitz trivoid 8 x 40 I got in the Virgin Islands when I was in the Navy back in the early 70s. They go almost everywhere with me.

Henning: Thank you for your thoughts! I’ll probably take my M8 assuming it’s still working all spiffy. If I have room.

Wilbur: Welcome to the LUG and thank you for sharing. I wasn’t aware about long pants. Finding quick-drying ones will be my mission! I wouldn’t want to scare anyone! <grin> I also appreciate the advice on keeping biting critters away.

I understand that we’ll have a generous selection of climates - from the heat of the lowlands around the coast to the rather chilly nights in the hills. I’m told sweaters are HIGHLY recommended for this trip.

What a wonderful community we have!

Thank you!

Adam