[Leica] dang floaters

Duane Birkey dbirkey at reachbeyond.org
Sat Nov 22 12:12:55 PST 2014

Montie...   Is there an image on the cover or dust jacket???    If it were mine I would put one....   covers sell magazines.... covers sell books....   based on the title,  I would not pick it up to look at it....  Floaters just doesn't pique my interest....   sorry...

As I started looking through the book...  I wondered where it was going and well......  how many ways can you photograph this subject...?  But rather than getting bored with images...   I found myself liking them more and more as I progressed...    but I tend towards the abstract.....

I think they are a beautiful series....   and I personally would add either some sort of artist's statement of why I chose to photograph water lilies/lily pads...  or some sort of bio...

If you haven't done it.... I'd suggest trying to get the series published in LensWork...

What two did you submit to the LUG Yearbook?      : )

Duane