[Leica] Do you remember why you joined the LUG? George

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Wed Oct 15 12:54:08 PDT 2014

On Oct 15, 2014, at 2:18 PM, philippe.amard wrote:

> I've owned and used R3MOT, R4 (mot), R8 and have used M3s.
> I still have a couple of disused lenses and an R4 body on some shelves ...

ah yes… I now remember you mentioning the R3MOT.
because those were the ones that never felt good in my hands;
even as I loved the glass on them.

Perhaps because they replaced my stolen Nikon Ftns;
which felt as totally right in my hands;
as the Leica Ms did.

> My only regret is this R9D that they failed to release ...

a sort of half truth…
as I certainly enjoy my R8/DMR
and always enjoy seeing other's DMR photography

> But I'm still interested in (good) photography :-)

Absolutely! totally agree

> The gear is immaterial ;-)

sort of agree… immaterial to viewers of the results;
though potentially very material to the crafts person using the tool.

When tools feel so very correct in the hand;
at the eye; to accomplish a given task;
I really can't say "immaterial" or "don't matter"

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog