[Leica] Oh how the Leica travel FAQ has changed in the last decade

Tina Manley tmanley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:40:39 PDT 2014

I'm flying to Boston this morning and my camera bag, containing only
Leicas, weighs 35 pounds.  It's all of the extra "stuff" I need for digital
- computer, battery chargers, cords, etc.  At least I'm not carrying 300
rolls of film!  And the camera bag has wheels ;-)

Tina

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM, kyle cassidy on the lug <
leicaslacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Years ago, with the helps of several luggers, we created this Leica M
> travel FAQ:
>
> http://kylecassidy.com/leicaslacker/plug/travelfaq.html
>
> which I was reading with some nostalgia tonight thinking “ah, what I
> thought I knew about travel back then”
>
> And then, mostly revised, from 2013 my own “how to travel as a
> photographer":
>
> http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/768548.html
>
> I realize, a dozen years later, that what I’ve learned is that “thinking
> about photography” is less important than “thinking about you” (or at least
> “me” but then I’m a narcissist) and that all this time later, my practical
> advice isn’t about lenses, it’s about _not carrying crap that you don’t
> need to carry_.
>
> Hope it’s helpful.
>
> kc

Tina Manley