[Leica] Raining M240's on eBay

John McMaster john at mcmaster.co.nz
Tue Oct 7 13:00:40 PDT 2014

I have bought some 'new' stuff from Popflash at less than retail prices. As you say they are not allowed to discount it (although I get good prices from my NZ dealer) but advertise the stuff as 9.88/10, i.e. not new even though it is....

There is a newer body (M-P) but not enough of a difference to upgrade IMO. Possibly people who started with other systems, moved to Leica after what they have read but did not get on with it so moving back? My NZ dealer says the M(240) market is very slow compared to the M9, no reason to upgrade for many people.

john

I don't think the authorized dealers are allowed to discount their prices
and the non-authorized dealers are never given any stock to sell. These are
used M240's .... in supposedly very good/excellent condition. So I wonder
if there are performance issues creeping in or, as Jim suggests, a newer
body coming out. After all, switching ccd's gives room for upgrades on the
mp front.

-Lew Schwartz