[Leica] Comparing Backlight B&W MM and Film

Lluis Ripoll lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 18:25:32 PDT 2014

I have scanned two film backlights from the year 2007 with Kodak Plus X, Leica MP, lens ignored. Plustek scanner and Vuescan :

Carrer del Correu Vell
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2007031228LR5BN.jpg.html>

The Light Way
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2007031216LR5BN.jpg.html>

Please compare to the Leica Monochrom with Tri Elmar recently posted:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/20141003_L1001068__MMLR5BN.jpg.html>

All these pictures have a slightly touch of Silver Efex Pro, same toning applied to all.

In my opinion I can’t say any better quality on film vs MM, except the grain of course, I’ve don’t put it on the MM version, I consider it is artificial. What do you think?

Thanks for looking, your c&c are greatly appreciated

Saludos cordiales
Lluis