[Leica] Summaron 3.5 or Jupiter 12?

Kyle Cassidy On The LUG leicaslacker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:20:44 PDT 2014

Let's say -- for the sake of discussion that you recently realized that you ought to have a 35mm lens -- and so you started looking on line at summiluxes and zeisses and then while bumbling around in the closet you found a box marked "35mm leica lenses" and in it was a summaron 3.5 and a jupiter 12 (f 2.8) from another life and you think "oh ... I already have a 35mm, I should start using it"....

That obvious answer to my question is "use them both for a while and are what you like" but I'm inherently lazy and so seek your expertise. Is the jupiter' faster aperture worth what it loses in a better f stop ring, non protruding rear element and build?

Sent from my iPhone plz excuse the typoss keyb0ard is reaLly small.