[Leica] PESO

Ted Grant tedgrant at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 18 20:37:18 PDT 2014

Jim Shulman OFFERED:
"Thank you, Ted!  I find that minimalist is sometimes the best approach.
With the Rollei, I zoom with my feet, and engage a subject since, with
rare exceptions, it ain't no stealth camera.  On the other hand, a
Rolleiflex in 2014 tends to start conversations, which lead to some
interesting photographs.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Jim,
>> On the other hand, a Rolleiflex in 2014 tends to start conversations,
which lead to some interesting photographs.<<<

That's interesting as I've had similar situations with a Leica.... even
digital M versions! A person makes a comment:
"OH a Leica? That's a very old camera, is it still working after all these
years?"

And I respond: "Yep it works fine and it's digital and cost $XXXXXXXX.
dollars!" And they nearly all freak out!

"WOW I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE MODERN AS MY GRAND FATHER HAD ONE WHEN I WAS A
KID GROWING-UP!"

Then you're into a kind of conversation and photo moments just seem to come
along without any tensions whatsoever.

cheers,
yed.