[Leica] Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 ZM Distagon rumor

Henning Wulff hjwulff at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 10:19:23 PDT 2014

Tom Abrahamsson just got back from Japan and a visit to the Cosina factory, where he saw, among other things, the Zeiss 35/1.4 ZM. It was still in pre production, so the performance might not have been what will be, but he said the lens is very large; half way between a Noctilux and a Summilux FLE. That makes it decidedly uninteresting for me, no matter what the performance. Hopefully this can also be addressed before production begins, since otherwise that makes it decidedly uninteresting for me, no matter what the performance.

Henning