[Leica] Bokeh and Lenses

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Sat Aug 23 05:31:14 PDT 2014

On Aug 21, 2014, at 11:39 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> I still think its a crock of techie nonsense! Simply because if it were
> truly the "WORRIES SOME OF THE CREW HAVE?"

I doubt many have ever "worried" about lens bokeh;
nor "worried" about lens sharpness, resolution, color correction, chromatic aberrations, flatness of field, barrel or mustache distortion, etc.

The term bokeh simply describes one more quality of how a lens renders subjects under various conditions.

It's not debatable or controversial for those who appreciate pleasing bokeh.
Nor is it debatable or controversial for those who find some bokeh visually disturbing.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog