[Leica] Digital Dark Room Advice

Bob Adler rgacpa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:55:31 PDT 2014

I am setting up one of the bedrooms in our home as my digital "dark" room. It will house my printer, primary Lightroom/Photoshop computer, photo paper, laminator, etc. I won't be doing any spraying, so a ventilated area isn't required.

My primary question is what color to paint the room? I am thinking flat digital white (white white) with all bulbs being 5200k fluorescents. I have some direct lights already that are measured 5200k and will be used to analyze prints.

Any suggestions on what color to paint the room or other advise would be appreciated. One of my concerns is keeping dust out, but that's probably cost prohibitive.

Thanks in advance for your input,
Bob

Sent from my iPad