[Leica] Oh Canada!

Spencer Cheng spencer at aotera.org
Tue Aug 12 08:10:35 PDT 2014

It’s a tough job to screen visitors at borders. US Immigration agents particularly lack any sense of humour. Be glad that you aren’t traveling on a Chinese passport. Those lucky people get lots of attention. There is an assumption that all them of them will try to stay in the USA illegally. It takes a few months for them to get a visa. [And so on…]

As for actual Canadian passport holders, I always try to clear US Immigration in Ottawa on the way out. If they decide not to let me into the US, I can always go home to my own bed.

To make this semi-relevant to the LUG, I’ve never been asked by US or Canadian Customs about Leica’s I was carrying. :)

Regards,
Spencer