Subject: [Leica] When the wrong lens feels right: celebrating vignetting
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 02:31:58 -0400

On Sun, Jul 7, 2024 at 02:04 Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:

> Nice! You are a brave man posting a photo of your significant other with a
> 19mm lens ;-)

Ha!  In this case, I thought there was less funky wide-angle face
distortion than one might usually expect, and I chanced it!

BTW, an update for anyone here who might've been waiting with bated breath:

Yes, the rectangular-ness of these dark borders is indeed courtesy of the
19mm lens's rectangular shade.

And: the 180/2.8 Apo R does indeed do a pretty nice job of covering the big
GFX sensor, but I found that when I pushed my luck and tried the combo of
that 180 with the 2x APO-Extender-R on the GFX, there was significant
vignetting (especially wide open).  But really, that seems like an entirely
reasonable result.

-J