Subject: [Leica] My 6 weekly pictures
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 08:42:51 -0500

The comments are very helpful and I would encourage folks to feel free to
comment on the images posted with helpful observations of what they see.
In particular, the posted image "Bar Libreria La Central" is a good complex
scene with details at the edge of the frame that tell an interesting
story.  The female on the left has need of leg support but is out in the
world enjoying the sun and hopefully an entertaining beverage.  The woman
on the right is marching along, engaged on her phone with little contact
with the outer world although possibly identifying the photographer.
Fairly interesting story and impressive for a street image following the
Ted Grant maxim of WOW click look at that.

Additionally, I have been digging through a series of books from the
Metropolitan Museum of Art from the late fifties on composition of
paintings.  Twelve volumes with color plates that you can put together to
follow along with the author's commentary.  In that maybe more sensible age
the author allows that styles come and go, artists are lifted up and put
back on the shelf, but the relevance of the art may endure if the subject
is strong enough.  El Greco is a prime example of an artist that was
celebrated, berated, ignored, then celebrated again.

To Sum up my point, not everyone likes everything, take some time to really
look at a piece,  try to understand what the artist intended, and last pay
attention to why you are reacting to the piece.